[sakai-pmc] Stack exchange site

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Sat Jun 7 17:27:55 PDT 2014

Yeah, looking at the entire workflow, I think the bigger problem is the
commitment phase. To actually get a site through to commitment phase you
have to have the "minimum" of three scores

- 200 total confirmed committers (up from the 60)
- 100 of of the committers have to have 200+ rep on Stack Overflow
- Some formula related to commitment score (
http://meta.stackexchange.com/questions/53650/area-51-commit-percent/53733#53733
)

Look at a topic like "Latin Language" that is only 50% through commitment
with 100 committed (
http://area51.stackexchange.com/proposals/48247/latin-language)

Not to be pessimistic but I can't realistically see a Sakai only space
getting that much activity. I think our only options are
- The confluence plugin mentioned at the PMC meeting,
- Suggesting people to post questions to regular Stack OverFlow with Sakai
Tag and periodically watching the Sakai tag (
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/sakai). Participating with voting
and answering is good for rep.