[sakai-pmc] Facebook: Sakai Project Group

Anthony Whyte arwhyte at umich.edu
Thu Jan 16 05:52:12 PST 2014

Back in 2009 the Sakai Foundation set up a Facebook group named "Sakai Project." [1]   Peter Hartsook was tasked with overseeing this group as part of his communications responsibilities.  The group currently has four members and has not seen a post since 2010.  The group has not been maintained for years.

Steve suggests we delete the group and instead direct attention to Apereo. [1]  If no one within Sakai is willing to take on responsibility for revitalizing and maintaining the Facebook SakaiProject group I am inclined to agree.  Then again I am no fan of Facebook.  Others may think revitalizing this group a good idea, hence my post.

What do others think we should do with this group?  Are there others prepared to step forward and make this group something more than the tumbleweed group it has begun?

Cheers,

Anth

[1] https://www.facebook.com/groups/sakaiproject/
[2] How to whack a group: https://www.facebook.com/help/174988392554409