[sakai-pmc] VOTE: PMC chair/vice-chair tenure and election bylaws changes

Sam Ottenhoff ottenhoff at longsight.com
Thu Jan 9 08:12:54 PST 2014

> It's not personal vacations, most French higher education institutions
> are closed in July and August. Shouldn't I feel excluded because I'm
> French if chair election are likely to regularly happen when I have to
> be on vacation?

But the PMC is a group of individuals and not a group of institutional
representatives.  Members have been chosen to serve on the PMC because they
have demonstrated a great individual contribution to the Sakai Project.  If
the PMC feels like it is institutional work, or part of the institutional
job, then something is wrong.

> How would you feel if the votes were cast at a time you have to be on
> vacation?

But you see the ridiculousness of this argument when you extend this to all
members, right?  What about the vacations plans of Noah, Aaron, Alan,
Matthew, Matt J, Beth, Megan, me, Chuck, Seth, John, Anthony, and Steve?
 How can an individual member organization function if it were to
accommodate the vacation schedules of all members?