[sakai-pmc] Facebook: Sakai Project Group

Neal Caidin neal.caidin at apereo.org
Thu Feb 13 06:17:00 PST 2014

I just did some research and what we really need is a Facebook page
which represents an official group and that makes it easy for anyone to
follow and receive announcements directly on their timeline. What we
have is a Facebook group, which currently has 8 people. Facebook groups
are intended for a group with a common interest to communicate among
themselves.

I think anyone on the PMC should be an administrator on the Facebook
page in addition to myself. I should have at least one backup (maybe
this would be a good PMC Vice Chair role?) to post significant events
and milestones for the Sakai community.

There will need to be a marketing push to get folks to "Like" the Sakai
Project page, which I'm thinking we can do through the Apereo
Newsletter, at the Open Apereo conference and maybe a couple of more ways.

I'm going to notify the Foundation before I create the page since it
will represent official communications for the Sakai Project, and they
should be informed.

Cheers,
Neal

--