[sakai-pmc] Talkin' Sakai 11

Anthony Whyte arwhyte at umich.edu
Tue Feb 11 13:59:48 PST 2014

> Where is a good place to post clarifying questions? Directly on the Google doc or on these lists?

The doc noted in today's email is in Confluence as noted and supersedes the earlier doc used during the ApereoCamp. [1]

I prefer reading questions, comments, suggestions, criticisms, etc. on the public lists.   Indeed, I'll wager that posting on list is more likely to elicit a response then adding a comment to a doc in Confluence.  Besides, as our decisions are forged on the public lists so too in my view should the discussions that inform our decision-making.

>  I'm not sure what this Perl conversion script to replacement wiki comment means. Does it mean that there is a candidate wiki that can replace our current wiki and someone would need to write some Perl code to convert the content from the old wiki to the new wiki? Or did I just make about 100 non-true assumptions? ;-)

A vague line to be sure, and one that I interpret as a demand that a migration script be provided to transfer rwiki content to a yet unspecified replacement/alternative should rwiki be targeted for removal from the Sakai distribution.  A defensive insertion in the doc I reckon from someone concerned that any talk of rwiki deprecation/removal requires an exit strategy that involves a replacement.

Cheers,

Anth

[1] https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/REL/Sakai+11+straw+man

anthony whyte | its and mlibrary | university of michigan | arwhyte at umich.edu | 517-980-0228