[sakai-pmc] [cle-release-team] [Building Sakai] Lazy consensus proposal to branch Sakai 10

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Mon Feb 10 13:41:10 PST 2014

Agreed, everyone who has access to source currently for SVN maintenance
would have access to do this, you would be included.

I've never actually done it for Sakai, but these Stack Overflow
questions/answers below sound like what you'd need for step #1. You (or
someone else) would need to "svnadmin dump" the entire contrib repo, then
"svnadmindumpfilter" out everything on
https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/INFRSTR-255, then "svnadmin load" them
in. I'm guessing you can do this without any downtime.

For the legacy repos in contrib, sure either delete, leave them as-is or
take away write access. We're not going to reload/filter them (3) as that
would certainly be downtime on the contrib repo. The rest of this list
sounds great.

Refs:
-
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/417726/how-to-move-a-single-folder-from-one-subversion-repository-to-another-repository