[sakai-pmc] [Building Sakai] Lazy consensus proposal to branch Sakai 10

Kirschner, Beth bkirschn at umich.edu
Mon Feb 10 13:32:46 PST 2014

I think the real question is who has access to do this? The commands to do this are 'svnadmin dump' and 'svnadmin load'. Since  I have svnadmin access, so in theory, I should be able to do this.

These are the contrib tools in the .externals file:
	roster2 https://source.sakaiproject.org/contrib/roster2/trunk
	hierarchy https://source.sakaiproject.org/contrib/caret/hierarchy/trunk/
	delegatedaccess https://source.sakaiproject.org/contrib/delegatedaccess/trunk/
	external-calendaring-service https://source.sakaiproject.org/contrib/external-calendaring-service/trunk/
	signup https://source.sakaiproject.org/contrib/signup/trunk/

Has there been any discussion on what to do with the legacy repos in contrib once they've been moved to core? I can think of several choices:
1) Leave them as read-only
2) Use 'svn delete' to remove them, but retain the historic commits
3) Completely delete the contrib repos

I'd vote for option #2, but can go with option #1 while people discuss so that we can move things forward.  We're now 10 days behind schedule on creating a branch, so I'd like to help move things forward.

I'd like to propose that I do the following:

1) Migrate the above contrib repos into core
2) Update .externals and svn:externals for the above
3) Mark the above contrib repos as read-only for now

I can do this on Wednesday -- so I'd like to request lazy consensus to on having me moving forward with this by end of Tuesday.

- Beth