[sakai-pmc] Lazy consensus proposal to branch Sakai 10

Neal Caidin neal.caidin at apereo.org
Fri Feb 7 07:36:42 PST 2014

*Proposal*

Cut the Sakai 10 branch and create a QA03 tag for QA testing.

*Dependencies*
a) Complete the merging of contrib tools Delegated Access, Signup tool,
and Roster2 into core
b) Complete the setting of ElasticSearch as the default search tool for
Sakai

*Rationale*

Our Sakai 10 schedule [1] had us completing this milestone by January
31, which has already passed. Not all the features we were hoping to get
in are ready [2], but  if we are to have a chance to get back on track
and meet our schedule targets, we cannot wait much longer.

This proposal comes from a recommendation of the folks who attended the
Sakai release team meeting on Thursday, February 6.

*Lazy Consensus*
Everyone is welcome and encouraged to comment.  +1 indicates approval
and silence indicates consent as well. While everyone's input is
encouraged, only a member of the PMC (Project Management Committee) can
block the proposal. All comments must be submitted by close of business
on Tuesday, February 11, 2014.

[1] Sakai 10 schedule -
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/REL/Sakai+10+Release+Schedule+and+Scope

[2] Features which were targeted for Sakai 10 (not all may get in)
[2a] https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/PMC/Decision+register
[2b] https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-24197

Thanks,
Neal