[sakai-pmc] Incubation questions

Mark J. Norton markjnorton at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 18 04:12:31 PST 2013

I would note that portlets are being moved through the new incubation
process.  Portlets for uPortal are very similar to what tools are to
Sakai.  Sakai tools actually ARE portlets.  I don't think that the
incubation process should restrict the ability of the PMC to "fast
track" tools that they feel are important to a release, but the rigor
defined by the incubation process will benefit the Sakai community in
the long run.

- Mark Norton
   (I am a member of the Apereo Incubation Working Group)