[sakai-pmc] Incubation questions

Neal Caidin neal.caidin at apereo.org
Tue Dec 17 05:59:17 PST 2013

imho, we should give the incubation process a try which will allow us to
see if it does add value to the Sakai product, and if it doesn't add
enough value, provide feedback to the process. This is how quality
improves over time. If we never try, we'll never know.

Now there is the question of whether this will impact features going
into Sakai 10. But that is not really a conflict is it? Because we want
to know what the quality of the tools are going into Sakai 10 and to
ensure they are good. If a tool is not quite ready during our Sakai 10
timeline, I presume we would yank it and schedule for a later version
(Sakai 10.x or Sakai 11), to give enough time to get the quality where
we need it? We would do that with or without the incubation process,
correct?

Thanks,
Neal