[sakai-pmc] PROPOSAL: svn cleanup

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Mon Dec 16 15:36:07 PST 2013

Hi all,

This proposal was blocked by Seth and JFL with a -1 each. I addressed JFL's
concerns which should hopefully allow him to reverse his vote, however I
haven't heard back and have emailed twice.

I now request the PMC chair call a roll call vote so that this can be
decided upon since there were PMC members that contributed positively to
the discussion and suggested amendments which are reasonable.

The proposal (revised after feedback) is this:

------------------

The main Sakai SVN (https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/) currently holds a
number of deprecated / out of date projects including:

   - blog
   - discussion
   - db
   - jcr
   - mini
   - osid
   - release-mgmt
   - samples
   - sdata
   - site-association
   - svn-admin
   - triples
   - ux
   - was
   - wsrp

These projects will be moved to /svn/deprecated. At this stage they will
not be moving to contrib. (Note hybrid and purepoms were removed from the
list and will not be touched)

All of those in the above list will be moved. Some of these have already
been moved to /contrib/deprecated (ie discussion) but duplicates exist in
the main SVN. These will have their dupes removed.

There are also these two projects that are institution specific and appear
to be unmaintained:

   - gradtools
   - oncourse

Both IU and UMich have indicated these are no longer used and can be
deleted, so these two will be deleted as part of this cleanup work as well.

This kind of maintenance will reduce confusion and assist with any possible
repository move that may occur in the future.

Thanks,
Steve

On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 10:28 AM, Steve Swinsburg <steve.swinsburg at gmail.com