[Building Sakai] Availability of Sakai 10.x tags and future

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Thu Mar 26 06:47:33 PDT 2015

Only trunk has been moved into github, releases prior (10, 2.9, etc) were
not moved. The main place for code 11 and up is in github. Sakai 10.x (and
2.9.x to a lesser extent) branches are still being maintained in
subversion. Future 10 tags as needed (10.5 etc) will still be made in
subversion.

The entire directory structure was reorganized when different directories
were all brought together in one repository. Some new directories/tools
were added and others removed. So maintaining any type of tagged structure
for the past was mostly impossible. (For instance OSP/metaobj removed which
are still available in 10) Also the majority of schools running 10 were
already branched in msub off of the subversion directory. Also the process
for releasing the build and creating the tags was based off subversion, and
that hasn't been re-worked yet for a git process.

Eventually tags for 11 would be created and we'd also like to have daily
tags created for nightly builds, but nobody has set this up yet, but 11
isn't expected to release for awhile still.

On Thu, Mar 26, 2015 at 9:24 AM, William Karavites <willkara at oit.rutgers.edu