[Building Sakai] Limited access to Dropbox tool

JOSE MARIANO LUJáN GONZáLEZ jmariano at um.es
Tue Mar 17 04:34:25 PDT 2015

Hi Dani,

it will definitely be a really useful improvement. As far as I'm aware,
its not possible to achieve such configuration with the current
permissions of the tool.

What I'm not sure is how to best approach the new configuration of
permissions. Most of the tools handle section awareness in a different way.

Some tools have a permission called 'xxx.allgroups' that is the one used
for the instructor role in order to have access to all groups. In those
tools, the default behaviour is that other users (TA, Student) have only
access to the content from their sections. Other tools handle section
awareness by having a different set of permission for the group realm
and for the site realm.

Maybe, for consistency, it could be a better approach to show by default
only the groups that a users is member of and then, if a user/role has a
'dropbox.allgroups' permission, show him the complete list of groups
from the site.

Suggestions are welcomed,
Thanks Dani,
Mariano