[Building Sakai] [sakai-core-team] Please help with Sakai's Google Summer of Code 2015 application

Seth Theriault slt at columbia.edu
Fri Mar 6 06:34:47 PST 2015

On Mon, Mar 2, 2015 at 4:48 PM, Seth Theriault <slt at columbia.edu> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 2, 2015 at 3:15 PM, Neal Caidin <neal.caidin at apereo.org> wrote:
>
>> Does Google provide any feedback on their selection process?
>>
>> It might be good to know if there is something we can improve for next year.
>
> Yes, we have the opportunity to receive feedback on our application.
> I'll put in that request this week.

We received the following core feedback:

"[...]We really felt Sakai's ideas page could have been significantly
fleshed out. You list mentors for the ideas, but many of the ideas are
just one sentence and don't list difficulty level, expected outcome,
or required skills[...]"

Since the ideas page is the most important piece of the application,
this is something we may wish to work on a continuing basis. It would
also help general recruitment to expand our contributor base.

Seth