[Building Sakai] iTunesU-tool build errors

Robert Long rlong at unicon.net
Tue Mar 3 07:41:55 PST 2015

Kim,

--Bob

----
Robert Long
Software Engineer
Technical Account Manager - Sakai
Unicon, Inc.

----
M.A., Instructional Technology
Saginaw Valley State University

> On Mar 3, 2015, at 06:11, Wilson, Kimberly <wilsonk at mail.amc.edu> wrote:
>
> Hi:
>
> Thanks Bob
>
> We have fully built Sakai 10.3.x and I was adding on some of the contrib tools

There is no "Sakai 10.3.x". It sounds like you are using the 10.3 tag. Therefore, in itunesu-tool/pom.xml in the <parent> tag, change:

<version>10-SNAPSHOT</version>

<version>10.3</version>

> I did change the parent in the itunes-tool pom.xml to: 10-SNAPSHOT
> (it was originally set at 2.10-SNAPSHOT)
>
> The [ERROR]  messages below were received when we left those dependencies intact, so we removed them to test to see if we could continue the build after removing them.

Make sure you add them in and change ${sakai.jsf.version} to ${sakai.version}.

> Then we got the “Failed to execute goal on project sakai-itunesu-impl…” error with
> Could not find artifact org.sakaiproject.kernel:sakai-kernel-api:jar:10-SNAPSHOT in sonatype-nexus-snapshots (https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/snapshots <https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/snapshots>)
>
> We think the files are missing at the site above.

They are created locally when you build the kernel.