[Building Sakai] site.del permission for instructor role in course site

Daniel Merino daniel.merino at unavarra.es
Tue Mar 3 00:47:38 PST 2015

Hi Sanghyun,

I have done a quick test in our 2.9.2. Deselecting site.del from
instructor role in the course's realm does prevent deleting the course
site, but it does not work as it could be expected.

Instead of disabling the checkbox in Worksite Setup (like it happens
with non admin roles), the checkbox is still checkable, but after
clicking on the Delete button it shows an error message about the lack
of permissions of current user for deleting the site.

I haven't tried this in trunk, but if it still happens there, I think
that a JIRA to fix it should be nice.

Best regards.

El 02/03/15 a las 22:33, Sanghyun Jeon escribió:
> If I would like to prevent the instructors from deleting the course
> site, I am wondering which realm should be deselected?
>
> I deselect site.del from the instructor role of !site.template.course.
> I also check the !site.template as well as ! user.template. None of
> them selectes site.del in the instructor role. However, I notice that
> instructor can still delete the course site..
>
> I hope somebody could tell me how to fix this issue and thank you in
> advance.

Daniel Merino Echeverría
daniel.merino at unavarra.es
Gestor de E-learning - Centro Superior de Innovación Educativa.