[Building Sakai] LTI tools and webservices

Diego del Blanco Orobitg diego.delblanco.sakai at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 14:55:56 PST 2015

Thanks Charles:

I'll try to be more descriptive with a sample.

Imagine that I want to add an specific LTI tool to all my 10000 sites using
webservices. But I don't want to add it to the sites where it is added yet
and I know that there are about 2000 sites that already has that tool added
previously.

First I need to know, if a site has some LTI tools, if one of them is the
specific LTI tool I want to add. Actual webservices says that the tool is a
webcontainer... but no more info about what is inside that webcontainer.
I'd like to know the Launch URL of the LTI tool and the configuration
parameters to be sure that tools is the one I want to install or not.

If no, then I need to add my LTI tool, but how I can set all the right
parameters, (URL and all that) with webservices?

Of course I always can the SQL service but if I can do it with the correct
API this will be more safe and correct.

Thanks:

Diego.

> I don't know what you are looking for or trying to do - but you can look
> through the site/page/tool structures with direct urls of the form:
>

> http://nightly2.sakaiproject.org:8082/direct/site/6c85be24-b439-4eae-b680-6b2c29c9cbb5/pages
>
> And the right credentials.
>
> You can find LTI tools in these lists.   But whether or not you see the
> information you need or can do the operations you want - I don't know.
>
> /Chuck
>
> On Jan 7, 2015, at 1:13 PM, Francisco Saez <francisco.saez.sakai at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> anybody knows if is posible to manage or get info from LTI tools with
> webservices or entity broker?
>
> For example, if I get the list of pages and tools from a site with a CXF
> webservice, how can I know if each tool is a LTI tool or not? And.. how can
> I get its LTI parameters?
>
> Thanks and regards.

*Diego del Blanco Orobitg*
Spain & LATAM Regional Manager (*ANI Sakai <http://www.anisakai.es/>*)