[Building Sakai] Implementation for Soft-Delete of sites and resources

William Karavites willkara at oit.rutgers.edu
Mon Jan 5 07:42:25 PST 2015

Hello everybody,

Would anyone be able to let me know what changes need to be made to implement the soft-delete functionality for resources and sites in Sakai? I know that there will be a flag set in sakai.properties for both, I was just wondering if anyone has implemented these features and came across other changes that needed to be made.

I currently have the following values for the Site Soft-Delete. What would be need for resources?

#Site & Content Soft Deletes
# enable soft site deletions when a site is deleted normally
# if true, they will be softly delete and then purged after 30 days
# if false, thet will be deleted immediately
# defaults to false.
site.soft.deletion=true

# the number of days to keep softly deleted sites until they are purged.
# if not set and site.soft.deletion=true, defaults to 30 days.
site.soft.deletion.gracetime=120

Would it be something along these lines for resources?

#for deleted resources
#bodyPathDeleted at org.sakaiproject.content.api.ContentHostingService=/sakai-production/sakaiDeletedResources

Thank you,

Will