[Building Sakai] Strange Hibernate Behaviour

Matthew Buckett matthew.buckett at it.ox.ac.uk
Fri Feb 27 09:29:35 PST 2015

We've got a local tool that runs inside Sakai and uses Hibernate, it uses
all the standard Sakai hibernate stuff, but we're seeing some of it's
entities lose their collections when they get persisted to the database.
These collections are just Sets of Strings. Before we commit the
transactions they are in the Hibernate session all present and correct,
after transaction gets committed they go missing.

If we change the flush mode from AUTO to EAGER it all works fine.
We're using
the org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionProxyFactoryBean
to wrap up our database related objects and using
the org.sakaiproject.springframework.orm.hibernate.GlobalTransactionManager
bean as a transaction manager.

Anyone seen anything like this before?

--
  Matthew Buckett, VLE Developer, IT Services, University of Oxford