[Building Sakai] External Tools > Site Info

Adam Marshall adam.marshall at it.ox.ac.uk
Tue Feb 24 09:58:14 PST 2015

Does anybody have any help information about what to do on the Site Info > External tools page?

I've never used it before and to be honest it makes no sense whatsoever.

For example,

1/ What is the difference between "Tools Add to sites" and "Tools Available in System" buttons; surely if a tool has been added to a site then it must be in the system?

2/ Clicking on the hyperlink "Add Available Tool to Site" throws a page that says

       No Tools Available
[  ] Add Site Link

If you place a tick in the checkbox you see an error message "Cannot find LTI tool id"

The "Tools Available in System" page isn't so bad and I understand what the Add LTI 1.1 tool link does so my questions are really about the default External Tools landing page.

adam

--

** Note change of email address to adam.marshall at it.ox.ac.uk **

Dr A C Marshall, WebLearn Service Manager, University of Oxford.
IT Services, 13 Banbury Rd, Oxford. OX2 6NN.