[Building Sakai] /direct Rest service documentation

Schauer, Christopher R cschauer at txstate.edu
Wed Feb 18 11:53:00 PST 2015

You'll need to create an EntityProvider for each of the services you want to implement. Here's a good starting point for reading up on the entity broker system: https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/SAKDEV/Entity+Provider+and+Broker. The basic gist of it is that you'll create a class that implements the EntityProvider interface along with any number of capabilities that describe the behavior of your service. By implementing capabilities, the entity broker system knows how to route requests to your service. Here's a link to the javadoc for the capabilities package: http://source.sakaiproject.org/release/10.2/apidocs/org/sakaiproject/entitybroker/entityprovider/capabilities/package-summary.html.

Here's an example that I've created and thrown up on github of an entity provider that implements the RESTful capability: https://github.com/cschauer/sakai-example-entityprovider.

-Chris