[Building Sakai] Statistics from not available topics in Forums are not shown

Diego del Blanco Orobitg diego.delblanco.sakai at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 13:01:33 PST 2015

I'm with Bryan and Alex too, maybe someone wanted this when designed, but I
agree that is not a logical behavior at all. Closed topics are to avoid
students to continue posting, but of course they should be reviewed later
by teacher and count in the statistics. So If we need to chose one of these
two behaviors I think the one Alex propose is more logical. No sense to
hide statistics in these forums.

The only think I can imagine that can has a little sense here if we want to
hide some statistics is to allow to configure a topic as "statistics
enabled" or not. But close a topic should not hide statistics.

Of course it's only my opinion

Diego

> It's very easy to reproduce.
> https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-29069
>
> I still have doubts about if it's made on purpose. The code clearly
> protects statistics results frome closed topis... it makes me thing that
> someone intentionally wanted this behavior. I added a branch on github with
> the line that should be corrected if it's a bug.
>
> On 13 de febrer de 2015 14.46.13 CET, Bryan Holladay <
> holladay at longsight.com> wrote:
>>
>> This sounds like a bug to me. Is this easily reproducible in trunk? If
>> so, please create a jira ticket.
>>
>> On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 8:24 AM, Alex Ballesté <
>> alexandre.balleste at udl.cat> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi everyone, we detected a behaviour in forum tool that we guess is not
>>> correct, but we would like to ask before create a JIRA. Forum statistics
>>> main screen doesn't show the result of students of topics that are in
>>> restricted availability mode. Some teachers of our institution reported
>>> it because they want to see the statistics of this restricted forums.
>>> They closed to don't get more responses but they are still interested in
>>> view the statistics results. Is it made on purpose or is it a bug?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance.
>>> Alex
>>>
>>> --
>>> Alexandre Ballesté Crevillén  alexandre.balleste at udl.cat
>>> =====================
>>> Universitat de Lleida
>>> Àrea de sistemes d'Informació i Comunicacions
>>> Analista/Programador
>>>
>>> University of Lleida
>>> Information and Communication Systems Service
>>> Analyst / Programmer
>>>
>>> Tlf: +34 973 702148
>>> Fax: +34 973 702130

> S'ha enviat des del meu telèfon Android amb K-9 Mail. Si us plau, excusa
> la meva brevetat.

*Diego del Blanco Orobitg*
Spain & LATAM Regional Manager (*ANI Sakai <http://www.anisakai.es/>*)
Apereo LATAM Representative (*Apereo Foundation <http://www.apereo.org/>*)