[Building Sakai] sakai 10.2 WebDAV not working on both Mac and Windows

Sanghyun Jeon euksa99 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 10:46:43 PST 2015

I think I am narrowing down the issue and it blows right exactly after
calling searchResults.next() in Line 297 of our
modified UserDirectoryProvider.java. Then WebDAV authentication is failed

    285         // search the directory to get an entry
    286         private LDAPEntry getEntryFromDirectory(String basePath,
String searchFilter, String[] attribs, LDAPConnection conn) throws
LDAPException
    287         {
    288                 LDAPEntry nextEntry = null;
    289                 LDAPSearchConstraints cons = new
LDAPSearchConstraints();
    290
cons.setDereference(LDAPSearchConstraints.DEREF_ALWAYS);
    291                 cons.setTimeLimit(operationTimeout);
    292
    293                 LDAPSearchResults searchResults =
conn.search(basePath, LDAPConnection.SCOPE_SUB, searchFilter, attribs,
false, cons);
    294
    295                 if (searchResults.hasMore())
    296                 {
    297                         nextEntry = searchResults.next();[?]
    298                 }
    299                 return nextEntry;
    300         }

The same code is working perfectly fine in Sakai 2.9.3 with tomcat 7.0.42
and java 1.7.0_40
I changed our java version from 1.7.0_71 into 65 and 40 again.
Unfortunately it does not resolve the issue.
Our current tomcat version is 7.0.55 and dav does not have SAK 28004 patch.

I hope somebody has had the similar issue and sheds some light on this
issue. Thank you in advance.