[Building Sakai] Java 8

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Thu Feb 5 06:35:05 PST 2015

It compiles with Java 8 (since it still creates Java 7 jars) but it
currently will not run. One of the known problems that has to be fixed is
in the reflectutils library that is used in a number of tools. Some of the
details are on that ticket.

There may be more issues found once people start running on Java 8.

I personally haven't had any time to look at that but anyone is free to and
I could submit a patch to reflectutils if they do before me. I know it will
be fixed before 11, but I'd expect it would be fixed before the next 10.x
release (10.5) in a few months.