[Building Sakai] Database connection pooling in Sakai

Sam Ottenhoff ottenhoff at longsight.com
Thu Apr 2 07:45:52 PDT 2015

Hi K.R.N.,

Sakai 2.9.1 is very old software.  Test with the latest code from Sakai's
GitHub repository.  It includes easy switching from DBCP to TomcatCP to
HikariCP.  Note that connection pools do validation in different ways.
Comparing performance tests without taking into account validation
strategies will produce bad results.

  https://github.com/brettwooldridge/HikariCP/wiki/FAQ

To change the pool, you modify the
$TOMCAT_HOME/sakai/sakai-configuration.xml file like this:

  https://gist.github.com/ottenhoff/7f7781e966b44aa47806

--Sam