[Building Sakai] Database connection pooling in Sakai

GSA SMIT smit.gsa at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 02:25:19 PDT 2015

Hello all,

My name is Kashyap, and I'm interning at a software dev. company in India.
I am new to the Sakai platform and in need some of help.

I have been assigned the task of testing and analysis of various
connections pools in Sakai such as tomcatcp, dbcp, c3p0, vibur, bonecp and
hikaricp.

I have searched the internet and have found a lot of information and data
about the above mentioned. Now I want help in deploying them into my rSmart
Sakai 2.9.1 .

I want to know if you can tell me on how to use one of them in Sakai so
that I can learn and go on with the others. I would like to get an
elaborate guide on this.

I was told to test their performance using JMeter and JDBmonitor. Are there
any better tools?

I am in need. Thanking you in prior.

K.R.N Kashyap