[Building Sakai] Configuring SMS on 10.1

Warwick Chapman warwickchapman at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 03:06:55 PDT 2014

Hi all

After upgrade to 10.1 I am having a little trouble with SMS trunk:

1. When I try to send, I get message "Alert:The schedule date you entered (*Fri
Sep 19 09:17:43 SAST 2014*) cannot be in the past." despite, not entering a
schedule date and Server Time reflected in bottom right footer being *Fri,
19 Sep 2014 11:17:43 SAST*.  The message remains even if I set a scheduled
date in the future.

2. In sakai.properties I have the following
# SMS settings
sms.BindThisNode=false
sms.clickatell.user=<user>
sms.clickatell.password=<password>
sms.clickatell.apiid=<apiid>

But the documentation at
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/SMS/Installing+and+using+the+SMS+Service
seems to instead refer to config items like:
sms.SMSCAddress=127.0.0.1
sms.SMSCPort=2773
sms.SMSCUserName=username
sms.SMSCPassword=password
sms.systemType=123456789

Have the configuration parameters changed?

-- Warwick Bruce Chapman | +27 83 7797 094 | http://warwickchapman.com