[Building Sakai] How to allow a specific Role to edit users in Sakai via a specific Tool? (UserPermissionException)

Virgílio Santos virgilio.santos at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 06:01:13 PDT 2014

Hi there,

I'm working with user properties in Sakai and I wish that through some
Tool I'm developing a Teacher can alter some properties according to
some criteria. I've selected the function user.upd.any in the Realm
Role configuration but I keep getting the following error when I try
to change the User:

org.sakaiproject.user.api.UserPermissionException
user=d1dbdfee-d247-44e4-b5c2-d3d787c829ca function=user.upd.any
resource=/user/115cf182-17b0-4f2c-a8fc-34fcbe98bac7
    at org.sakaiproject.user.impl.BaseUserDirectoryService.unlock(BaseUserDirectoryService.java:270)
    at org.sakaiproject.user.impl.BaseUserDirectoryService.editUser(BaseUserDirectoryService.java:1085)
Any advice?

Thanks

(I've created a question on stackoverflow, if someone wants to answer
there: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/25869475/how-to-allow-a-specific-role-to-edit-users-in-sakai-via-a-specific-tool-userpe)

--
Deserve's Got Nothing To Do With It