[Building Sakai] Minor Feature addition to 10.x branch (SAK-24297)

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Mon Sep 15 12:32:52 PDT 2014

In accordance with the existing Maintenance Branch Merge Policy [1] I'm
sending out this email about a minor feature I'm planning to merge to the
10.x branch to avoid maintaining a custom fork.

SAK-24297 - Add option to create "display recipients" in Options.
(Email/Mailsender)

   1. The change is narrow in scope (modest changes to a single project)
      - The change is just in mailsender
   2. The change has been reviewed and approved by tool lead for the
   maintenance branch
      - I have reviewed this
      3. The change does not require database changes
      - No database changes
   4. The change has been running in production for one month minimum
      - This change has been running in production since April 2012, but
      missed getting merged.
   5. Changes that could impact internationalization negatively must be
   tested in two languages that are not variants of the same country.
      - There are two new strings added. Ideally these can be translated to
      a few languages prior to the 10.2 release in ~October/November
   6. The change is non-disruptive to the user experience ( I.e. changes
   that don't require user retraining and are unlikely to break existing
   customizations). Exceptions to this rule may be made if the change is
   configurable and is disabled by default.
      - This adds a new option to the Email tool which is off by default
   7. Prior to merging, the change must be tested with the target
   maintenance branch, by the requesting institution, using a documented test
   plan.
      - This will be tested prior to merging

The plan is to test this and merge it by Thursday (September 18th) of this
week. Test plan on the ticket.

[1]
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/TCC/Maintenance+Branch+Merge+Policy