[Building Sakai] Tomcat MD5Encoder and WebDav

Neal Caidin neal.caidin at apereo.org
Thu Oct 23 04:58:53 PDT 2014

Hi sakai-dev,

My understanding is that an upgrade to Tomcat 7.056 and later changes
the MD5Encoder library which breaks WebDav functionality. A new
MD5Encoder, which is not dependent on Tomcat, has been added to 2.9.x
and 10.x , which means Sakai 10.3 will not have this issue. Currently no
plans to tag a 2.9.4 but you could certainly pull from the 2.9
maintenance branch or apply SAK-28004, or make the change yourself
(since it appears to just be a library change).

P.S.  Is this note to sakai-dev sufficient or maybe we need to post on
Confluence too (release notes for both 2.9 and 10)?  Any suggestions for
documentation and communication appreciated.

Cheers,
Neal

--
Neal Caidin