[Building Sakai] Two possible issues with Assignments, Sakai 10

Norman Danner ndanner at wesleyan.edu
Thu Oct 16 05:54:49 PDT 2014

I have noticed the following issue(?) on Sakai 10:

* Create a course with at least two students (John Doe, Jane Doe).
* Create an assignment that permits uploading of submissions.
* Log in as John Doe.
* Upload a file for the assignment and submit.
* Log in as instructor.
* Select "Download all" assignments, download everything (i.e.,
   tick "All" and "Feedback attachments").
* Unzip the downloaded archive.

The problems:

* There will be a directory for John Doe, but not for Jane Doe.
* Only John Doe appears in grades.csv.

The first problem is inconvenient.  Sometimes after I have downloaded
all assignments and started grading, Jane Doe convinces me that there is
a good reason to accept her work late, and having to submit on behalf of
her and then re-download all student work is a real pain (either that,
or I have to manually re-create the directory structure for her,
something I always mess up).

The second problem is even more inconvenient, as I would like to enter
all students grades into grades.csv, including the grades for students
who have not submitted anything.

It seems possible that this is related to SAK-27942, though that issue
focuses on students who have uploaded drafts but not actually submitted
the assignment.

	- Norman Danner

--
Norman Danner - ndanner at wesleyan.edu - http://ndanner.web.wesleyan.edu
Department of Mathematics and Computer Science - Wesleyan University