[Building Sakai] Sakai 10.2 release for Friday or Monday

Neal Caidin neal.caidin at apereo.org
Thu Oct 9 09:17:16 PDT 2014

[sakai-dev and sakai-pmc]

Dear all,

We would like to release Sakai 10.2 by tomorrow, Friday, October 10 or
at latest by Monday, October, 13 .  This is a time critical release as
issues have been uncovered in Sakai 10.1 that need to be addressed as
soon as possible (blockers). And if we don't release by Monday, resource
availability is likely to delay the release another week or two.

The folks on the Sakai core team call were in agreement we will be ready
if we can resolve two issues, conversion script problems with Oracle [1]
, and a roster issue [2] .  If I understand correctly, for the Oracle
issue, we will include in release notes for 10.0, 10.1 and 10.2 to use
the conversion scripts in trunk (which will be applied to trunk and
tested).  And for the roster issue, a patch has been supplied but it is
not clear that it is the right solution.  Please review SAK-27501 and
add your comments.

[1] https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-27946 - Errors in 10.0
Oracle conversion Script (sakai_10_0_oracle_conversion.sql)
[2]  https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-27501 - Roster 2 require
roster.viewallmembers or roster.viewgroup to work

Thanks for your help in getting this release completed. :-)

Best regards,
Neal

--
Neal Caidin