[Building Sakai] LTI substitute variables

Alexander Bell abell at turnitin.com
Wed Oct 1 08:40:36 PDT 2014

Hey, I've been looking at LTI Tools in Sakai (specifically by adding a
tool to IMSBLTIPortlet.xml) and have been trying to get substitute
variables / dynamic variables to be included in the list of Custom
Launch Parameters
e.g. startdate=$now();maxpoints=$LineItem.resultValue.max

The problem is I'm uncertain how to add this sort of data without it
being sent 'as is' and not converted into actual data. So instead of:

> context_title=Test 1
> context_type=CourseSection
> custom_maxpoints=$LineItem.resultValue.max

you'd get something like

> context_title=Test 1
> context_type=CourseSection
> custom_maxpoints=88