[Building Sakai] Displaying HTTP_CLIENT_IP

Wilson, Kimberly wilsonk at mail.amc.edu
Tue Nov 18 10:10:20 PST 2014

Hi:

We currently have deployed Sakai 2.9.3 and are planning to deploy Sakai 10.2.x in the Spring

We have a program: Citrix, that access is being modified based on where you are on site or off site, by IP address.

We have a load balancer which clients go through to access one of our Sakai servers

I want to identify the client's IP address to determine which way they will access Sakai so when they get to the image I set up as a link to get into Citrix, it will point them to the right path.

I researched this and several people have identified the HTTP_CLIENT_IP to be able to return the IP address through the load balancer.

I'm modifying
portal/portal-render-engine-impl/pack/src/webapp/vm/neoskin/site.vm
and want to know how I can do this with an If statement since I don't know how to get the HTTP_CLIENT_IP into a variable.
Where and how would I define the variable?

Thanks!

Kim Wilson, MSCIS | Systems Analyst - Sakai & IS Academic Systems | Albany Medical Center | 518-264-1055

        [pumpkinsm,pumpkinsm]

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachments may contain confidential information that is protected by law and is for the sole use of the individuals or entities to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by replying to this email and destroying all copies of the communication and attachments. Further use, disclosure, copying, distribution of, or reliance upon the contents of this email and attachments is strictly prohibited. To contact Albany Medical Center, or for a copy of our privacy practices, please visit us on the Internet at www.amc.edu.