[Building Sakai] Does sakai make external calls outside by default

cn19998 cn19998 at qq.com
Thu May 1 08:01:29 PDT 2014

Hello everyone,

I am running a demo version of Sakai (sakai-demo-2.9.3) on my Windows Desktop. Occasionally, my Sakai does not start up properly with start-sakai.bat and hangs there with error message. I tried different environments (fresh install of Sakai, change to a clean Ubuntu inside my virtual machine etc.) and finally found it running well if and only if I am connected to the network. Does that mean sakai makes external calls to other website by default. If yes then, are these calls necessary for Sakai to function. Can I disable them?

Also, I found another guy had mentioned this before. But no further information is available. (See:http://collab.sakaiproject.org/pipermail/sakai-dev/2013-October/024812.html)

Because most of logs in console is cut out in Windows' cmd(It certainly has some limitation on the amount of information available in one window), I can not provide them. But I believe they resemble much the one I found here(The last few lines is exactly the same.):

http://collab.sakaiproject.org/pipermail/sakai-dev/2013-October/024700.html

Thanks.