[Building Sakai] 2.9.x Users User ID field is blank

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 21:19:44 PDT 2014

When you say they don't have an id field, whereabouts do you mean?
Also, to create sites, they need to have a user type that has the relevant
site.add permission. Maintain is a role within a site and is for site based
permissions.

There is a bit of background in a blog post I wrote a while back:
http://steveswinsburg.wordpress.com/2009/05/30/roles-in-sakai-sites/

But its mainly for adding new roles etc.

cheers,
Steve