[Building Sakai] 2.9.x Users User ID field is blank

Brett Parker brparke1 at wsc.edu
Mon Mar 31 12:12:24 PDT 2014

Greetings,

I am working on building a test environment for Sakai 2.9.x and everything looks to have been installed correctly.  No errors when building in the catalina.log file.  However when I log in to check things out, users don't have a User Id field.  Also giving maintain access for Worksite creation doesn't work.  Wondering if these issues aren't related somehow.

When I become user of a faculty and go to Worksite Setup I get "The site you requested is not available." on the webpage.  And catalina.out gives:
2014-03-31 14:03:20,569  WARN ajp-bio-8009-exec-10 org.sakaiproject.portal.charon.site.DefaultSiteViewImpl - Failed to set canAddSite for current user. Defaulting to false ...

I am using a mysql database that works in 2.8.x.  For the upgrade I applied up to 2.9.3 sql conversions and then built.  Users authenticate against our ldap server.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  My main goal here is to get Instructors access to create sites.

ENVIRONMENT
VM of Debian (squeeze)
4 core 6-64bt 2.8 ghz

Brett Parker