[Building Sakai] Assignment tool Missing assignment after extension of submission

Francois Campbell francois at opencollab.co.za
Mon Mar 31 01:15:48 PDT 2014

Good day.

We have a case where an instructor was grading submitted assignments on a
project site we will call this site, site A. Another user was extending
assignment closing times for all other project sites, sites B -Z)

However at some point site A has lost 2 of the 4 assignments linked to it.
We have checked the database and those 2 missing assignments are not
present.

The users assure us that the assignments were not deleted.

Has anyone experienced something similar.
We have requested a backup of the database prior to the disappearance of
the assignments, but we would like to understand the reason for it
disappearing. Can you suggest any reason other than the user deleting it
that could explain what we are seeing and how to go about restoring.

Environment:
CentOS 6.2 (64bit)
Sakai 2.8.2 (Kernel 1.2.8)
Mysql 5.5