[Building Sakai] Sakai 2.9.3 incoming email does not work

Sanghyun Jeon euksa99 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 13:27:24 PDT 2014

Hello all,

our test server's outgoing email is working properly but incoming email
looks like not working.

Apache front end (sakaitest.aiso.claremont.edu) has postfix with port 25
and proxy loadbalancer. Two tomcats and one james email with port 8025 are
running on the same app server and we have two app servers (sakaitest-tc1
and sakaitest-tc2).

We are using sakai 2.9.3, tomcat 7.0.42, and jdk1.7.0_40.

All smtp settings are as follows:

## INCOMING EMAIL\

smtp.enabled=true

smtp.dns.1=sakaitest.aiso.claremont.edu

smtp.dns.2=sakaitest.aiso.claremont.edu

smtp.port=8025

mail.support=please-do-not-reply at claremont.edu

smtp at org.sakaiproject.email.api.EmailService=sakaitest.aiso.claremont.edu

setup.request=please-do-not-reply at claremont.edu

When I try to send an email from my campus outlook to
rubrictest at sakaitest.aiso.claremont.edu, our campus outlook was saying
nothing, but if I try to send to the same address (
rubrictest at sakaitest.aiso.claremont.edu) from gmail account, gmail notifies
me as follows:

YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE.

Delivery to the following recipient has been delayed:

     rubrictest at sakaitest.aiso.claremont.edu

Message will be retried for 2 more day(s)

Technical details of temporary failure:
DNS Error: DNS server returned general failure