[Building Sakai] ePortfolios in Sakai 10

janice.smith janice.smith at threecanoes.com
Thu Mar 27 12:40:24 PDT 2014

Hello Carla

Please be reassured that the existing OSP functionality will be very usable in Sakai 10. Our Sakai portfolio community has two years plus (or as long as one's institution stays with Sakai 10) to consider how to move to a new way of doing portfolios in Sakai. Even thought it has been decided that there will be no OSP in Sakai 11, we all have time to consider how to move forward before then.

As others have said, in Sakai 10, the Sakai admin at your institution will need to turn on the Sakai property for creating new portfolio sites. Existing portfolio sites will still be available after the upgrade. The Sakai property will be relevant for creating new portfolio sites from Worksite Setup.

If you want further information about the new Karuta portfolio incubation project, please let me know.

Janice

Janice A. Smith, Ph.D.
Three Canoes LLC
1204 Laurel Avenue
Saint Paul, Minnesota 55104, USA
651-642-9069, 207-841-6262 (cell)
janice.smith at threecanoes.com
http://threecanoes.com

---- On Wed, 26 Mar 2014 10:47:55 -0500  Villanueva<carla at bu.edu> wrote ----

  Hi,

 We are considering to upgrade to Sakai 10 this summer. However, one of our main concerns is if our ePortfolios will work well, since I have heard that there is the idea to remove OSP tools from the default installation of Sakai.

 What is the final decision regarding the status of OSP tools in Sakai 10?. Would they be stealth? Will the option to create a portfolio site type be available? Would that just need a change in sakai.properties?

 Thanks,

 Carla

 Carla G Villanueva  |  ITS Analyst  |  Boston University School of Management
  595 Commonwealth Ave, Boston, MA 02215 | 617.353.5621  carla at bu.edu