[Building Sakai] Permissions for calendar export (iCal)

Curtis Van-Osch curtis.van-osch at hec.ca
Wed Mar 26 08:23:33 PDT 2014

Hello,
I'm having a little trouble getting the schedule tool working as we
would like, specifically the iCal export.  The permissions seems a
little wonky to me, at least for the use cases we are targeting.

Concerning the "Subscriptions (export)" button:

 1. In order for anyone to see the button at all, they require the
    calendar.new permission.
      * This means that students will never be able to access the iCal
        url, since we cannot give them permission to create new events
        in the course calendar.

 1. For there to be anything on the export page, one requires the
    calendar.import permission. Seems counter-intuitive.
 2. In  order to enable/disable the iCal url, one requires
    calendar.revise.any
      * This is problematic for us also, as we've written a Quartz job
        to automatically create events in the course, and we don't want
        the instructors modifying them.  So, we cannot allow them to
        activate the export either.

So is my understanding of the permissions correct?  We're running Sakai
2.9.1, and I understand this feature is still considered experimental.
I haven't seen anything about this in Jira.

Thanks in advance for any help!
--
<http://www.hec.ca>

Curtis Van Osch
Analyste-Programmeur
Direction des technologies de l'information
hec.ca <http://www.hec.ca>
Agréments
3000, chemin de la Côte-Sainte-Catherine, Montréal (Québec) H3T 2A7
Téléphone : 514 340-6000, poste 2029

recyclez
Pensons à l'environnement
avant d'imprimer