[Building Sakai] Basic LTI Outcomes Service Failing

Chris Ribble cribble at uwindsor.ca
Wed Mar 19 10:29:36 PDT 2014

Hi everyone,

I'm not sure if I'm missing some configuration options or what. I first
tried sending outcomes back to Sakai with the application we are trying to
link through LTI. Once this didn't work I started using
http://www.dr-chuck.com/sakai-api-test/tool.php

When using the LIS/LTI Outcome Service on Dr. Chuck's tester, the response
I get back from Sakai is "Unable to parse XML responseString could not be
parsed as xml"

I have added the following parameters to my sakai.properties file

basiclti.outcomes.enabled=true
basiclti.roster.enabled=true
basiclti.settings.enabled=true
basiclti.lori.enabled=true

basiclti.outcomes.userid=basiclti
basiclti.outcomes.usereid=basiclti

I also have the webservice property set to .*

We're running a slightly modified version of Sakai 2.9.2

Is there something I'm missing? I followed all the steps in the
sakai_basiclti_api.doc in the basiclti source.

Thank you,
Chris

Chris Ribble
LMS Application Developer