[Building Sakai] Drag & Drop notifications

alexandre.balleste at udl.cat alexandre.balleste at udl.cat
Thu Jun 26 04:32:23 PDT 2014

Hi Daniel, we also have been using this feature in our 2.9.2 and users also want more. In our case teachers want that d&d will be also in the resource helper in order to make  the attachment process easier in all tools.

Email notifications sounds like a great idea too.

Thanks,

Alex

On 26 de juny de 2014 10.10.49 CEST, Daniel Merino <daniel.merino at unavarra.es> wrote:
>Hi everybody,
>
>after running D&D in our production 2.9.2 server, our users are really
>happy with the new feature but, as good users, they want more! We have
>been requested to add email notifications to D&D uploads as they are
>already in old resources upload form. I have been looking at the code
>and I have doubts about the best way to do this.
>
>The current mechanism fires an event for every uploaded file with
>commitResource() method and this event is separately configured to send
>
>an email if user wants to do it. One notification is sent for each
>file.
>
>However, we think that this has no sense with D&D, as dozens of files
>can be uploaded at a time. If users want to make a notification, a
>single email should be sent with a list of files in it IMHO. So
>commitResource() is also called for every uploaded file and events are
>registered but with no notification and, after uploads have finished, I
>
>plan to use EmailService in Resouces to send the email, without firing
>any event for it.
>
>I would really like to know your thoughts about this before starting
>the
>job.
>
>Thanks in advance.
>Best regards.
>--
>Daniel Merino Echeverría
>daniel.merino at unavarra.es
>Gestor de E-learning - Centro Superior de Innovación Educativa.
>Tfno: 948-168489 - Universidad Pública de Navarra.

S'ha enviat des del meu telèfon Android amb K-9 Mail. Si us plau, excusa la meva brevetat.