[Building Sakai] Translation of the tools names and theit description in SAKAI 10 Version

Bryan Holladay holladay at longsight.com
Mon Jun 16 06:00:51 PDT 2014

This is a great question and I have added it to our Stack Overflow tag
Sakai:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/24244181/how-do-you-translate-sakai-tool-names-and-descriptions

Since I can't put the answer on there right away, here is my response:

Tool translations should be made in the config project:
https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/config/trunk

For example, the English translations are:

https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/config/trunk/localization/bundles/src/bundle/org/sakaiproject/localization/bundle/tool/tools.properties

To add your own translation, create (or edit) your localization file and
add a title and description by using this template:

{toolid}.title=Tool Title
{toolid}.description=Tool Description

Example:

sakai.announcements.description                     = For posting current,
time-critical information
sakai.announcements.title                           = Announcements

Thanks,
Bryan