[Building Sakai] Meetings Tool & Sakai 10

alaanizar at iihem.ac.ma alaanizar at iihem.ac.ma
Thu Jun 12 08:40:37 PDT 2014

Hi,

I tested the 1.0.8 against sakai 2.9.3 and BigBlueButton 0.8.1, the recordings show
the exact length as expected.

However, I have another question regarding access to the
Recorded session using the playback link:

How can we control access to the
BigBlueButton recorded sessions from the Meetings tool?

Here's the problem: If user A
which is a member of Site A click on the playback link. he will be taken to another web site to
play the recorded session. User A can copy the URL link and send it to a User B which do NOT have
an account in system at all.

User B can see the playback by just pasting the URL on the
address bar.

How can we secure this, if doable?

Yours,
Alaa Nizar

> Hi Alaa,
>
> I'll run some test on 2.10 during the day. I'll give
you an update after.

> But yes. The latest code is always in the master branch.
You can find
> however SNAPSHOTS in the other branches, but these are related to
previous
> releases.
>
> I also just noticed the issue with ordering the
recordings. I'll open an
> issue in JIRA.
>
> And regarding to the
duration, aren't you able to see number to the right?
> It is labeled as Length, but is
the number of minutes the session lasted.
> Perhaps the term is misleading. It comes from
previous versions which were
> showing the length parameter BBB returns when when a
getMeetingInfo call is

Swinsburg <steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
>> wrote:
>
>> It should be
overwritten in the deploy/startup but yes, remove it just in

<alaanizar at iihem.ac.ma>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I do remember i
installed the tool from this link.

>>> If I have to rebuild it,
should I remove the bbb.tool war file and folder
>>> from tomcat first?
>>>
>>> Thank you

Sent from Samsung Mobile

message --------

From: Steve Swinsburg
>>> Date:12/06/2014
14:54 (GMT+00:00)

https://github.com/blindsidenetworks/bigbluebutton-sakai

latest one.

one month from now.

Samsung Mobile

message --------

From: Steve Swinsburg

Date:12/06/2014 01:16 (GMT+00:00)
Neal Caidin ,sakai-dev
Sakai 10

recordings while listing
sorting of available meetings is not working.

Yours,

Samsung Mobile