[Building Sakai] CKEditor paste from word

Sam Ottenhoff ottenhoff at longsight.com
Wed Jun 11 11:06:04 PDT 2014

> When I try to add our faculty's syllabus via using the icon "paste from
> word" in CKeditor, I get the following security error.

Right, the tool is telling you that AntiSamy found bad attributes in the
HTML.

> If I ignore the error and click Post again, it works.

Right, the AntiSamy-cleaned text was placed into the editor.  Clicking Post
again is posting the cleaned text.

> Below is my security setting and all commented out for antisamy.
> I've been informed that upgrading CKEditor or Sakai 2.10 will resolve many
> CKEditor issue at Sakai conference.

Sakai 10.0 will no longer display the error to the user by default.  It
will simply clean the text and submit it.

> However, we are not able to upgrade CKEditor or Sakai version at this
> moment. Is there anyway I can relieve/resolve this issue?

Upgrading to Sakai 10.0 will be far easier than attempting to backport all
of https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/KNL-1075.

Alternatively, you can edit your AntiSamy policies to allow the
currently-blocked attributes.

--Sam