[Building Sakai] Turnitin content review 2.9 - account notification settings no longer respected?

Earle Nietzel enietzel at anisakai.com
Tue Jun 10 08:02:44 PDT 2014

Hi Will,

if  (!serverConfigurationService.getBoolean("turnitin.sendAccountNotifications",
true)) {
sendAccountNotifications = 1;
} else {
sendAccountNotifications = 0;
}

and is then used here:

params = TurnitinAPIUtil.packMap(turnitinConn.getBaseTIIOptions(),
"fid", fid,
"fcmd", fcmd,
"cid", cid,
"tem", tem,
"ctl", ctl,
"dis", Integer.valueOf(sendAccountNotifications).toString(),
"uem", uem,
"ufn", ufn,
"uln", uln,
"utp", utp,
"uid", uid
);

dis param is used to disable the sending of emails and this logic looks correct.

I also cross checked this with a moodle turnitin tool and it follows
the same logic

dis=0, send email
dis=1, disable email

Maybe you should turn on the apicalltrace log for turnitin so that you
can see the value being sent is in fact a "1".

log.config.count=1
log.config.1 = ALL.org.sakaiproject.turnitin.util.TurnitinAPIUtil.apicalltrace

Earle
Asahi Net Int.