[Building Sakai] My Workspace unavailable

Kusnetz, Jeremy JKusnetz at APUS.EDU
Fri Jun 6 12:50:51 PDT 2014

We have a local user on the system (no LDAP or anything) where when they log in they can see their My Workspace.  But when they click on their link back to their My Workspace they get Site Unavailable.  Their My Workspace comes up just fine if you navigate to /site/~{USER_ID}, but not if you navigate to /site/~{EID}

I’ve fully removed their My Workspace to let it rebuild, and I’ve also fully removed the user itself and recreated it using the same old USER_ID as they had before.

I did notice that I found the REALM /site/~{EID} which for other users I can only find /site/~{USER_ID} realms.  What’s interesting is when I clicked on the username in the Realm I got an error that the user was not found.  But when looking at the /site/~{USER_ID} realm the same user is in there and I can click on the user and can get to the page where I can change their role and status.  I went and tried removing the /site/~{EID} realm, but that didn’t help.

We have many thousands of users, and this is the first time I’ve seen something like this.

This message is private and confidential. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender and remove it from your system.