[Building Sakai] Best supported Lessons version for Sakai 2.9.2?

Daniel Merino daniel.merino at unavarra.es
Mon Jul 28 06:03:34 PDT 2014

Hi everybody.

 From a mail of Charles Hedrick, I have understood that Lessons 10.0 is
supported by Sakai 2.9.2. I have built it without problems, but I have
found an issue when restarting Tomcat:

     Exception in introspection java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.sakaiproject.util.api.LinkMigrationHelper
     loader org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader at 48e29820

     2014-07-28 14:10:18,881 ERROR pool-2-thread-1
org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader - Context initialization
failed
     org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error
creating bean with name
'org.sakaiproject.lessonbuildertool.service.LessonBuilderAccessService'
defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/applicationContext.xml]:
Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is
java.lang.AbstractMethodError:
org.sakaiproject.lessonbuildertool.model.SimplePageToolDaoImpl.findProperty(Ljava/lang/String;)Lorg/sakaiproject/lessonbuildertool/SimplePageProperty;
         at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.initializeBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1338)
         at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:473)
         at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory$1.run(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:409)

It seems that is from this piece of code at
tool/src/java/org/sakaiproject/lessonbuildertool/service/LessonBuilderEntityProducer.java
:

       // LinkMigrationHelper is not present before 2.10. So this code
can compile on older systems,
       // find it via introspection.

       try {
           linkMigrationHelper =
RequestFilter.class.getClassLoader().loadClass("org.sakaiproject.util.api.LinkMigrationHelper");
           // this is in the kernel, so it should already be loaded
           linkMigrationHelperInstance =
ComponentManager.get(linkMigrationHelper);
           if (linkMigrationHelper != null)
               migrateAllLinks =
linkMigrationHelper.getMethod("migrateAllLinks", new Class[] {
Set.class, String.class });
       } catch (Exception e) {
           System.out.println("Exception in introspection " + e);
           System.out.println("loader " +
RequestFilter.class.getClassLoader());
       }

Is it possible to fix it without updating Kernel? Or I should try
another Lessons version for 2.9.2?

Thanks in advance.
Best regards.
--
Daniel Merino Echeverría
daniel.merino at unavarra.es
Gestor de E-learning - Centro Superior de Innovación Educativa.