[Building Sakai] Morpheus developers webinar: Thursday 7/31 @ 11am EST

Mark Reilly mark.reilly at nyu.edu
Fri Jul 25 13:48:16 PDT 2014

Hi All,

I wanted to give you a heads up that there will be a webinar for developers interested in working on Morpheus (Mobile Optimized Responsive Portal for Higher Education Using Sass). This will be a developers preview of the code and a deep dive on how it works. It's NOT intended to be a preview of Morpheus — it's still too soon for that — we'll be doing that when it's more mature.

The time in at 11am EST to accommodate folks (who have expressed prior interest) in the UK (4pm) and Spain (5pm). It's also 8am on the west coast (US). I'll send out a link to the webinar next week and I'll try to record it too.

The webinar will cover:
a deep dive into the Sass, the design philosophy, how it works, and how you can modify to build your own skins.
We'll also be discussing how the new portal is architected: HTML 5, CSS and Javascript.
We'll look at the styleguides that are generated for each skin.

We'll also discuss how we're going to collaborate going forward and schedule a regular call/webinar.

I've been doing a lot of refactoring of the code in a private repo. It's now stable-ish and I am going to commit it to trunk early next week. I'll email the group when it's committed so you can take a look.

If you have no idea what Morpheus is and want to know more: Take a look at my talk and slides from Open Apereo 2014 http://lanyrd.com/2014/apereo/sczzxw/

Thanks,
Mark Reilly

Mark Reilly, PhD